Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The truth about college professors

My first semester in college didn’t go as I predicted to be. My first English teacher expected a lot from students and always talked about how he has a reputation in college. Never did I believe that a teacher could care more about his reputation then his students. He would teach in a corner of the classroom by his computer, and once in a while he would get up and say something. He’s the kind of professor who talks, and talks about his success in life. He was a very serious professor, but he did have some good points, but I wished he hadn’t been so cocky. He was a hard professor, but when he laughed and smile it made him appear normal. Either way I dropped out of his class, and started looking for a new English professor.    
The second English professor I have it so different from my first, He is very outgoing and weird about his essays, but makes it fun for the class. His teaching methods make me understand how to do it, and how to correct them. He expects his work to get done like any other teacher. He is very caring and understanding to the students. He’s very random when it comes to his essays, but it just makes us realize that we can write about anything and make it our own.
It amazes me how different two English professors can be. One I can’t stand, but the other I respect. Just comes to show that we need to pick wisely of whom we choose as professors

No comments:

Post a Comment